Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I've been labeled!

I am currently in charge of coordinating all of the fundraising efforts for my daughter's preschool. One of the responsibilities included with this job is handling all of the Campbell's Labels for Education that we collect. I didn't realize until yesterday what a job this is. I definitely would have rounded up some help had I known.

When submitting the labels, Cambpell's asks for only the UPC codes. Most parents who donate labels will cut those out for me before putting them in the collection box. A handful of parents don't, so that leaves the work for me. One parent was kind enough (and I don't mean this sarcastically) to donate over 1000 labels that were found in her deceased grandmothers basement. However, I still have to cut each individual UPC code out.

Once the UPC codes are cut out, I have to separate all of the codes into groups of 100 and place them in separate envelopes.

I have already cut out and separated 600 codes and am guessing that there are at least 1000 left. That will be my entertainment for the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my!! That is a LOT of work. Good luck!!! So sweet of you to do it!

Theresa said...

I bet you really are craving a nice big can of soup right now...like Chicken noodle or Tomato.